Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ducks in a Row: Part II

Let’s play a game of Categories. The Category is……SLEEP! The most important heading in my opinion, right next to Food and Study.

Now in a previous post (Bedding and Beyond) I talked about finding the right comforter to suit your style. But now I am going to get into the items needed to make sure those bed bugs really don’t bite.

Tip #1: Invest in a mattress protector!

Unless you those bed bugs to pay an unwarranted visit in the night, this is one of the first things to buy to protect yourself.

I bought this one. (Allergy Luxe Bed Bug Protection)


It is specifically designed for dorm beds (Twin XL) and was more reasonable than many other protectors out there.

And to make sure those little critters don’t infest your pillows, invest in a pillow protector as well.

Tip #2: Make your bed as comfy as you like it.

With what? Well whatever floats your boat. Like so….

I purchased one of the Therapedic Memory Foam. Now I know this kind of on the expensive side but it is the only mattress pad I bought. Sometimes the waffle pattern foam covers or just the regular down feather pad proves too little support.

So you may feel the need to purchase multiple pads to get that nice cushy feeling. That’s why I went with the one. Plus less for you to take in the car on the way down or ship.

Tip #3: Purchase fun sheets.

Many colleges will offer comforter and sheet sets for a very reasonable price. But the verdict on these (I talked to people who purchased said sets for their first year) is that they are quite uncomfortable. Even after washing them several times.

Now this may not be true for all, but this is the general consensus that I have collected. If otherwise, please let me know!

Tip #4: Don’t forget that alarm clock. You don’t want to be late to class.


I am using mine from home so don’t feel the need to run out and buy a new-fangled clock with tons of gadgets and buttons on it. The simpler the better.

Because if you can’t figure out how to turn off your alarm, it’s not just going to annoy you.

Tip #5: A bedside caddy might be a good investment.

This may sound weird and heck it might look weird. At least that’s what I thought when my mom suggested one.

In actuality though, it might save you some climbing trips especially if you decide to loft your bed.

That’s it for the Sleep category! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave one below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In my next post I will be showing you how to create your one-of-a-kind sign for your dorm room. And then I will pick back up with more categories later.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment